NeoKiller needs more developers! Click here for more details.
The project is currently in a planning and basic coding stage, with a program overview roughly drafted.
- In a nutshell - C++ > VB.NET
Huggle is written in Microsoft's Visual Basic.NET dialect, because of this it has several drawbacks:
- While projects like Mono exist, .NET binary compatibility outside of a Windows environment is very shaky and bug-prone.
- VB.NET is a proprietary programming language, and is morally incompatible with open source software.
- The Free Software Foundation has suggested that software should not depend on Mono, as the project (and similar initiatives) could be shut down at any time by Microsoft software patents.
How do I compile and run the code?
- The code currently only runs on Linux
Be aware that the code is at a pre-beta stage of development and will most likely not run on your system or lack any useful functionality.
$ sudo apt-get install libwxbase2.8-dev libwxbase2.8-dbg libwxbase2.8-0 \ libwxgtk2.8-dbg libwxgtk2.8-dev libwxgtk2.8-0 wx2.8-i18n codeblocks libcurl3 $ svn checkout https://neokiller.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/neokiller/trunk neokiller $ cd neokiller $ ./make.sh $ ./NeoKiller